TinkerTry live 45 minute Supermicro SuperServer demo Mar. 31 2016 at 3:15pm EDT, part of xenappblog's all day virtual expo, free!
Register now at xenappblog.com/expo.
This event is over, but I have video of 30 minutes of the presentation/demonstration available already!
Those of you who were in attendance will be getting the full video that includes the Q&A after the demo, expect to be notified by Eric soon. Meanwhile, fun to share that the twitter reactions were swift and happy!
Based on last year's attendance, around a thousand are expected to attend! This is a wonderful chance for you to hear a bit from many folks in the virtualization / EUC / VDI ecosystem, a nice mix of vendors and IT professionals. It's the vendors that are making it all possible for you to enjoy a whole day of learning for free. All you need to do is register to get into this GoToWebinar.
This will be my first time attending this annual event, having met xenappblog.com's founder Trond Eirik Haavarstein, aka "Eric", just this past December. I was in Miami, where he was attending a conference, and I was visiting the Supermicro Authorized Reseller called Wiredzone, where they fulfill orders for the popular ESXi ready virtualization bundles:
- Order a TinkerTry'd Supermicro SuperServer Bundle - powerful and efficient home virtualization lab solutions
Why would IT Pro public speakers like Eric need a beefy and compact home server with 8 Xeon D CPU cores and 128GB of RAM and world's fastest NVMe storage? Because a Citrix XennApp environment takes a fair bit of manual work to deploy, and Eric created an amazing set of scripts to auto-deploy that entire environment. When consulting, time is money, and the faster his Automation Framework 3.0 scripts complete, the better.
Sparing no expense, Eric loaded his first SuperServer Bundle 2 up with all the best in storage, besting my own configuration, and graciously offering me access to this equipment for some benchmarking and testing. I'm extremely grateful for that, and there are many TinkerTry articles that wouldn't have been at all possible if it weren't for Eric's generosity, including Supermicro SuperServer 5028D-TN4T vSAN dream is alive! Home lab video overview features Intel SSDs and Samsung M.2 SSDs.
Another nice bonus that this compact SuperServer fits nicely into this luggage that fits in any overhead luggage compartment, and is quiet and cool enough to run in any home lab. Even better that it's now the only home server in the VMware Compatibility Guide. Worth noting it also runs Windows 10, Nutanix CE, SuSE 12, Red Hat 7.2, Windows Server 2012 R2, and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview just fine, with easy boot-from-NVMe too.
This has been such a successful and powerful portable solution for Eric's needs that he's already purchasing a second Supermicro SuperServer soon!
In my presentation, I hope to cover the following in about 35 minutes, leaving a full 10 minutes of time for discussion. Live demo will highlight my Supermicro SuperServer SYS-5028D-TN4T:
- Overview of Xeon D-1540 uses: EUC, personal workstation, and Hypervisors. Simple boot-from-NVMe support for Windows 10, SuSE 12, Red Hat 7.2, Windows Server 2012 R2, and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview.
- Briefly demo each of the following features:
- IPMI/iKVM/Remote Console overview, using PC browser and iOS app
- Temperature and fan noise
- booted from USB to VMware ESXi 6.0U2
- ESXi System Health UIs, using:
- vSphere Client
- vSphere Web Client
- ESXi Embedded Host Client (new)
- vSphere HTML5 Web Client (new)
- reboot from NVMe to Windows 10
- World's Fastest Consumer Storage Samsung 950 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD
- 950 PRO ATTO Disk Benchmark results
- comparisons with Intel NUC 6th generation/Mac mini/HP MicroServer Gen8/TYAN/ASRock
- future of Xeon D-1500 series of CPUs
xenappblog virtual expo announcement
Here's an excerpt:
Click Here For Full Agenda
Forget about traveling, expensive hotels and conference fee. This virtual event is completly FREE, the expenses are covered by our awesome sponsors.
The event has been specially designed for people that don’t have the luxury to stay a week away from the office. Time is valuable!
Enjoy a full days of incredible content from top industry experts from the comfort of your own sofa.
- Thomas Poppelgaard – Improving XenApp and XenDesktop Experience with GPUs
- Jarian Gibson – Citrix Monitoring Updates And Customization
- Iain Brighton – Deploying Citrix XenDesktop 7.x With Powershell DSC
- Anton van Pelt – Deploy Citrix XenMobile in an Enterprise Environment
- Mike Nelson – Microsoft Application Containers For Geeks
- Niek Boevink – Bumpy Ride To The Hybrid Cloud
- Paul Braren – Building The “World's Fastest” Kickass Home Lab
- Aaron Parker & Shane Kleinert – Managing the Modern User Experience In The Hybrid World
- Liquidware Labs – PowerUP Your Citrix Environment with Today’s Hot Technologies
- uberAgent - What is uberAgent?
- Ravello Systems – Citrix Smart Labs on AWS/Google Cloud for Software Training, Sales Demos & Testing
E2EVC Virtualization Conference Events
A series of worldwide non-commercial, virtualization community events. Both Eric and Paul will be there for the Las Vegas event on May 27 2016.
- Automation Framework 3.0
by Trond Eirik Haavarstein at xenappblog