I'm pleased to announce a new video that takes you all around and inside this mini-tower server, with some constructive advice. During the course of this comprehensive look at the physical design, I also find that all of the following assembly was quite straight-forward:
- unboxing (extremely simple)
- adding 2 32GB memory modules (also easy)
- adding a 3.5" drive (straight forward)
- adding 2 2.5" SSDs (routing a new cable takes an extra minute)
- installing a half-height PCI card (intermediate difficulty)
- powering up
Windows 10 and ESXi 6.0 are on this SuperServer, including:
- Poking around vSphere 6.0 running on this little Xeon Octocore beast.
- Hardware monitoring.
- Ejecting a VMFS datastore from ESXi properly.
- Showing VT-d (passthrough/VMDirectPath) of the VisionTek 7750 3M PCIe 2GB DDR3 4K UHD 3 Monitor 4K Support Graphics Card, then booting that same Windows 10 VM's SSD natively, which also demonstrates Supermicro iKVM.
- My experience with the Samsung 850 EVO 2TB SSD, and how it fits into my hybrid home lab strategy