Featured on Tech Breakfast Podcast 212 | Nigeria - $90M Defi Oops - Mach-E - Amazon Astro - Vaccines | Aaron Russ & Paul
Show notes below.
I had the chance to enjoy my fifth appearance on this fun and informative podcast, you can play this fresh episode in the embedded player below.
Recorded in one shot on Friday Oct 1st. This was my first time using Telegram for Windows with my camera.
As an alternative to the players above, you'll have speed controls using the player at right. Even better, use your favorite podcast app, such as Overcast which lets you keep your hands on the wheel and attention on the road, using now-common steering wheel controls to skip back / skip ahead withing the episode, rather than the default of jumping to the previous/next episode.
You can easily subscribe to Tech Breakfast here.
Here's the links behind the discussion points, copied from the chat we were having on Telegram during the live recording.
- Twitter ban in Nigeria to be lifted if platform sets up a local office and pays taxes, president says
- DeFi bug accidentally gives $90 million to users, founder begs them to return it
- Apple updates iOS 15 to fix the iPhone 13’s Apple Watch unlock bug
- Neiman Marcus says notified 4.6 mln customers about data breach
- Bolt Driver's First Impressions: Ford Mustang Mach E, Drive Electric Earth Day Fairfield Connecticut
- Ford to Lead America’s Shift to Electric Vehicles with New Mega Campus in Tennessee and Twin Battery Plants in Kentucky; $11.4B Investment to Create 11,000 Jobs and Power New Lineup of Advanced EVs4B-Investment-to-Create-11000-Jobs-and-Power-New-Lineup-of-Advanced-EVs
- Another Big EV Battery Fantasy, Another Letdown
Electric-car makers keep looking past cheaper and safer power options, which means their high-risk ventures are rarely high-reward — for companies or investors.
- Driver in China successfully sues Tesla for fraud
Tesla’s run of bad publicity in China continued after a disgruntled Chinese driver successfully sued the electric vehicle (EV) maker for fraud.
- Tesla plans to add ~1,000 new Full Self-Driving Beta testers per day based on ‘safety score’
- Safety Score Beta
- Tesla Safety Score: Dangerous? | In Depth
- Amazon hardware chief says the Astro home robot started as a security device and ‘evolved to cover much more’
- Amazon Astro is ‘terrible’ and will ‘throw itself down’ stairs, developers reportedly claim
Documents about how it works have also leaked, Amazon disputes the claims
- Amazon is now accepting your applications for its home surveillance drone
Ring’s $250 Always Home Cam is real and ready to fly into your living room
- Amazon Key In Garage Delivery
- Smart doorbell owner heard audio from other house thanks to a weird bug
- United Airlines announces Apple Health integration for verifiable COVID-19 vaccination records
You can reach out to me at:
Co-hosts can be reached via Twitter at:
- Paul Braren's podcast guest appearances
- Tesla articles at TinkerTry.com/Tesla
- Tesla videos at TinkerTry.com/teslavids
- TinkerTry articles about vSphere 7
- Featured on Tech Breakfast Podcast 209 - The News | Podcast 210 - EV's & Law Enforcement | Tyler Russ & Paul
Sep 20 2021
- Tesla Model 3 Long Range laps with my dad for charity, safely exceeding 100+ mph on our first track run ever!
Sep 16 2021
- Finally, mass market EV pickup trucks from Rivian, Tesla, and Ford set to arrive by 2022
Jun 08 2021
- Featured on Tech Breakfast Podcast on Jan 15 2021 "Paul Braren: Eyes - Tesla Recall - Tedlexa - Mushrooms - Intel - EVs - Boeing"
Jan 17 2021
- Featured on Tech Breakfast Podcast on Oct 12 2020 "NeXT Computers - Quantum Cryptography - Ransomware - Tesla Update"
Oct 13 2020
- Featured on Tech Breakfast Podcast on May 04 2020 "Digital Transformation - Telsa/Elon - Fairphone - Intel - Rockets"
May 04 2020
- How the Georgia election results just raised Biden’s climate ambitions
Jan 07 2021 by Julet Eilperin, Brady Dennis, and Steven Mufson at The Washington Post
“We have window here to act. This could be a historic presidency in that respect," one climate activist says.
- EV West unveils Tesla crate motor for EV conversion projects
Oct 28 2020 by Charles Morris at Charged
Great talking to dozens of students and many professors, so many great questions! Special thanks to Professor Charles Button and @CtTesla leaders Rich Jordan and Will Cross @williamtech814.@CCSU @DriveElecEvents #DriveElectricWeek #NDEW2021 pic.twitter.com/9jsoHAf3bw— EV Club of Connecticut (@EVClubCT) September 30, 2021