EV Club of Connecticut Show & Tell videos feature owners sharing their real-world experiences
I've been donating my time as camera man to produce this series of videos where fellow EV Club of Connecticut member Larry Thompson and I set out to capture EV buyers impressions of their ownership experience. We've had a lot of fun doing these here in various spots around the state, enjoying the great outdoors together, safely. I think the variety of perspectives seen here will be helpful to shoppers. Hopefully they'll be more of these to come soon, especially with the start of Rivian R1T deliveries.
Table of Contents
- 2019 Tesla Model 3
- 2021 VW ID.4
- 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
- 2021 Tesla Model S
- 2021 Polestar 2
- 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
- 2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5
I strongly encourage readers to test drive multiple EVs before buying, it will change your feelings about cars forever, in a very good way.
The real choice for EV-curious shoppers is between buying a gas car or buying a car that runs only electricity. It's not really Tesla vs. Ford, or Rivian vs. Lucid. It's EV vs gas. After decades of denial, the realities of climate change seem to finally be sinking in with the public, with more and more shoppers interested in putting less carbon emissions and pollutants into the atmosphere. The $ savings in owning and operating an EV are what's really striking about these owner stories, along with the joy and pride in their purchase decisions. Thank goodness there's now great ride quality and handsome looks available in all the top choices in the increasingly diverse US market for EVs.
I'm always happy to meet people that are enjoying sharing their surprise at the many benefits of going electric. Watch and learn about their perspectives on test drives, dealerships and the ownership experience. Hopefully you'll find these commercial-free videos helpful, and please feel free to leave comments below this article.
Want to learn more? Please also consider following me @paulbraren and TinkerTry YouTube Channel , as well as @EVClubCT and EVClubCT YouTube Channel. Finally, consider subscribing to our EV Club of CT using the sign-up form down near the bottom of the homepage.
2019 Tesla Model 3
2021 VW ID.4
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
2021 Tesla Model S
2021 Polestar 2
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5
If you prefer to just share the YouTube videos, you can easily share them using TinkerTry's Playlist:
- EV Owners Show & Tell
This entire video series will automatically play back in this video window below, from newest to oldest.
I learned a bit about the considerable challenges of producing 4K video with good outdoor audio. If you're interested in the nerdy details, here's my equipment.
- Windows 11 on 12 core Xeon D-1567 Bundle 1 with 4TB Sabrent M.2 NVMe SSD
- TechSmith Camtasia 2021 Version 21.0.11 (Build 32979) with 4K handling via Microsoft's HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer in conjunction with the new Proxy Media feature
- iPhone 13 Pro Max set to 4K 30 fps video. The well-lit outdoor shots look great, but the limitations of the 3x zoom for those interior shots really emphasize the limits of what such a tiny sensor can do.
- old tripod
- Apple Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
- Rode SC7 3.5mm TRS to TRRS Patch Cable
- Comica BoomX-D D2 Kit 2.4G Digital Wireless Lavalier Microphone System with Dual-Transmitters and One Receiver for Smartphonne DSLR Camera Interview YouTube Video Vlogging Support Real-time Moniting
- GoPro HERO10 set to 4K wide angle 30 fps compatible video, for those exterior EV shots while in motion.
- SanDisk 256GB MAX Endurance microSDXC Card with Adapter for Home Security Cameras and Dash cams - C10, U3, V30, 4K UHD, Micro SD Card - SDSQQVR-256G-GN6IA
- SanDisk - SDDR-B531-GN6NN MobileMate USB 3.0 microSD Card Reader - SDDR-B531-GN6NN Black
I also learned that given you can't easily blur out a moving license plate, but for some interviewees, they'd only be comfortable if I don't show their plate. So it'd be a better use of my time and less distracting to watch if I were to just bring along a temporary plate cover for future shoots.
See also at TinkerTry
All EV related articles:
All EV related videos:
- Enduring the Tesla Safety Score experience on the road to a safer, more autonomous future
Oct 12 2021
- Finally, mass market EV pickup trucks from Rivian, Tesla, and Ford set to arrive between 2021 and 2023
Jun 08 2021
This article captures the fun of driving up and down Mount Washington in my EV, with my short, fun 4K video below. Now imagine how effortless, quiet, and smell-free it will be to climb up steep grades in your EV pickup, even when towing!
Safe fun with my father:
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla? EV vs. gas fuel comparison
If you’re considering purchasing a Tesla, one of the top things on your mind is probably how much you’ll pay to charge it. You’re likely familiar with how much it costs to fill up a tank of gas, but charging an electric vehicle (EV) battery is a whole new ballgame! In this article, we’ll explain how much you should expect to pay to charge your Tesla and how this compares to comparable internal combustion engine (ICE) – AKA gas-powered – vehicles.
Disclosure: My family owns no stock in Tesla. Tesla doesn't advertise at TinkerTry, or anywhere else, and this is not a sponsored post. We financed the purchase of two Tesla Model 3s, replacing my 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid in December of 2018 and replacing my wife's 2005 Honda Civic EX in December of 2019. These big moves to an all electric household were an expression of our mutual desire to go green, avoid gasoline, be safe, have fun, and save money in the long run. Mostly for my job, I drive a lot, 25,000 miles in 2019 for example, and I thoroughly enjoy sharing what I've learned with you. I hope you can tell!